The Imo state police command has arrested IPOB and Eastern Security Network members who allegedly masterminded and carried out the attack on the Omuma Police station and Njaba Police Station respectively last week.
According to the police, the bandits stormed the police stations on two different occasions, During the gunbattle, a Divisional Police Officer was killed while one of the bandits, Emmanuel Nnaji ‘M’ age 15 years, a native of Awala in Ideato South LGA of Imo State, was arrested with bullet wounds.
A statement released today August 2 by CSP Michael Abattam, spokesperson of the state police command, says on interrogation by the command’s tactical teams, ”the arrested suspect gave a vivid description of a Hotel located in Orlu as were they, the bandits stayed, planned before they executed their dastardly act on the police stations. The suspect further stated that the owner of the Hotel has been accommodating and assisting them financially.”
Abattam said the suspect volunteered and led security forces to the location of the hotel.
On arrival, the hotel and house were cordoned and searched the following exhibits were recovered from the arrested twenty six suspects including seven females in the hotel they incudes;
(1) ONE AK47 RIFFLE WITH TWO MAGAZINE LOADED WITH 55 ROUNDS OF LIVE AMMUNITION.
(2) FIVE PUMP ACTION GUNS
(3) TWO DOUBLE BARREL CUT TO SIZE GUNS
(4) FOUR DOUBLE BARREL LOCALLY MADE PISTOL
(5) THREE SINGLE BARREL LOCALLY MADE PISTOLS
(6) EIGHT SIX LIVE CARTRIDGES
(8) TWO BAGS OF WEEDS SUSPECTED TO BE INDIAN HEMP
(9) BIAFRAN FLAG AND BERET
(10) ESN CAP
(11) FOUR PAIRS OF ARMY CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS AND A CAMOUFLAGE BAG
(12) A SIGN BOARD WITH BIAFRA INSIGNIA . It is on good record that, it was in the same hotel that the head of a young man was severed and placed on the road close to the hotel premises.”Abattam said