Duke of York, Prince Andrew has reportedly travelled Scotland as lawyers attempt to serve sex assault lawsuit papers to him.
The Sun reported that the recent trip by the scandal-hit Duke of York is part of a plan to avoid “multiple attempts” to serve sex assault legal papers at his Windsor mansion.
Prince Andrew was pictured with ex-wife Sarah Ferguson yesterday September 7 fleeing Royal Lodge where he had been holed up, refusing to go outside or go horse riding. It was reported that he had rejected several attempts over the past fortnight by US lawyers to serve legal papers on his doorstep. Security guards were said to have turned the lawyers away.
The Duke of York went on a 500-mile dash to the Queen’s 50,000 acre estate in Scotland where she is on holiday, after failing to respond to Jeffrey Epstein’s former sex slave Virginia Giuffre lawsuit in New York a month ago, accusing him of “rape in the first degree”.
Ms Giuffre is claiming damages for emotional harm and distress, which could run into millions of pounds if her case is successful.
The papers have not yet been served on Andrew or his lawyers despite “multiple attempts” in the past two weeks at Royal Lodge, Windsor, and he is now set to remain in the safety of the Queen’s private estate when his sex abuse case is heard on Monday September 13.
An insider told The Sun;
“Andrew was going stir-crazy inside Royal Lodge for the past few weeks.
“He wasn’t going horse riding and couldn’t step outside because of attempts to serve him with the legal papers.
“He knows he is far safer up at Balmoral on the Queen’s estate.
“Andrew is always described as the Queen’ favourite son but she is meant to be on holiday at Balmoral.
“With Andrew and everything that is happening with Charles and the investigation into cash for honours she must be wondering when she will get any peace and quiet.”